Below are the Rules & Regulations of 1d4Con:
(All rules are in place to provide safe gaming space for all gamers and are subject to change as a result of any judgments by the Staff.)
*** Items in BLUE also pertain to our Virtual Events. ***
- All attendees will wear their badge at all times in Convention areas. Game Masters will be responsible for making sure players have their badges before starting a game. If an individual does not have a badge they will be given the opportunity to purchase one, or be removed from the convention. If a badge is lost, a new one may be obtained with proper ID.
- The 1d4Con Staff and the hotel are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- 1d4Con and the hotel are not responsible for any personal injury.
- Anyone caught stealing from the convention, the hotel, hotel guests or other attendees will be removed from 1d4Con and turned over to the authorities.
- You will treat 1d4Con staff, hotel staff, hotel guests and other attendees with respect. Failure to do this will result in a warning. A second infraction will result in removal from the 1d4Con event.
- Do not damage convention or hotel property.
- Use only plates and utensils provided for 1d4Con. Do not use anything provided for the continental breakfast unless you are a guest of the hotel.
- Smoking is not allowed, except in designated hotel smoking areas. This also applies to vaping.
- Drinking alcohol inside the convention area is allowed in designated areas as long as it is purchased from the venue and the consumer is at least 21 years old. Additionally, obnoxiously intoxicated individuals will be escorted out of the convention and told not to come back until they’ve sobered up.
- A Live Stream must include a warning to viewers if alcohol will be present and all persons consuming alcohol in a live stream must be 21 to openly drink on camera.
- Use of illegal substances is not allowed. Anyone caught with an illegal substance will be handed over to the authorities.
- No play fighting, horse-play or rough-housing. Attendees in violation of this rule may be removed from the convention.
- Objects intended as or resembling a weapon are not allowed. Anyone with such an object will be told to remove it from the convention.
- Parents/Guardians MUST be identified on their minor’s registration form and MUST agree to the terms outlined on the Parent/Guardian Policy page.
- Only those authorized by 1d4Con, may sell any kind of merchandise at the event.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, or unwanted advances based on someone’s gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, fandom or political background. Anyone who violates this will be ejected from the convention without a refund. If you feel you’re being harassed, please report it immediately to our Staff. We will evaluate the complaint and take the appropriate actions, which may result in removal from our event without a refund and information given to the proper authorities.
- If you are playing in an Organized Play game, you are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct for that Organized Play system, if it has one, in addition to these Rules & Regulations.
- If you are running any games at our event, you are expected to provide Safety Tools and Content Warnings for your players and/or viewers.
- Example Events include: Tabletop RPGs, Live Action Roleplaying, Live Actual Play games, Card Games, Board Games, Miniatures Games, and Panel Discussions/Workshops.
- Examples of Safety Tools and Discussions, can be found here: Safety Tools for Gaming
- If you are running a game or panel at our event , you are expected to adhere your chosen time slot and allotted time.
- 1d4Con Staff reserves the right to remove anyone from the convention with good reasoning and without a refund.
- These rules and policies are subject to change before, during and after the convention, without notification.
- The rules of the hotel are the rules of 1d4Con, and will be similarly enforced.
- Claiming to be ignorant of a rule is not an excuse.